Sport in St. Corban’s
At St. Corban’s, sport holds a pivotal position within our school community.
Thanks to the commitment and voluntary efforts of our teachers, we actively participate in all Cumann na mBunscol sporting competitions. These include:
- Under 10s A and B Gaelic Football
- Under 11s A and B Gaelic Football
- Under 13s A and B Gaelic Football
- Under 11 Hurling
- Under 13 Hurling
- Cross-country Running
Additionally, we compete in schools’ football events. Our emphasis is on participation, and we are proud of our ongoing success in these contests.
Pupils at St. Corban’s engage in a wide array of other sporting activities:
- All students from first to sixth class attend swimming lessons at the K-leisure swimming pool.
- We provide coaching in rugby, hurling, and Gaelic football.
- The class league Gaelic football competition has long been an integral part of St. Corban’s tradition, with students from third to sixth class eagerly participating in this fiercely contested event.
- Moreover, we organise a Junior and a Senior Sports Day at the end of each school year, focusing on enjoyment and participation rather than competition.