History of the School

St Corban’s Boys National School opened its doors to students for the first time in 1954.The Christian Brothers School at the Moat and the Green School on the Kilcullen Road both closed to make way for the new, six classroom C.B.S built on a site known as Brannigan’s Field.

The school has grown rapidly in recent years and we have welcomed many families from all over Ireland and from countries as far away as Brazil and Russia.

The Christian Brothers’ involvement with the school ended in 1997 with the retirement of Brother Brennan but the ethos of the Brothers lives on in the school’s desire to provide a quality education to all who pass through its doors.